Mini Pizza Hand Pies
These mini pizza pies are a crazy easy kids' dinner or handheld snack on the go. Less than five ingredients later and dinner is served.
- Ready-made refrigerated pie crust We use Trader Joe's brand. It's 22oz and makes approximately 15 mini pies, 2.75" wide each.
- Pizza sauce reserve extra for dipping
- Mozzarella cheese
- Mini pepperoni
- 1 Egg
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roll out your pie crust to about 1/4" thick on a lightly floured surface.
2. Cut rounds with your 2.75" wide round cookie cutter. Lay on a foil or parchment lined baking sheet, 12 to a pan. Reserve leftover rounds to place on another baking pan.
3. On top of each pie round, add about a tablespoon of pizza sauce. Top with a tablespoon of cheese and a few pieces of mini pepperoni. We used 3 per pie.
4. Add a second pie round to the top and crimp the edges shut with a fork.
5. Beat an egg and brush an egg wash over the pies to give them a golden crust.
6. Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 20-22 minutes. They are ready when golden on top and sauce is starting to bubble out. Remove and cool slightly before eating.
I did not give ingredient amounts because I realize not everyone will use the same pie crust as I did and so total filling amounts will differ. Please refer to the approximate filling per mini pie cut out using a 2.75 inch round cookie cutter.
The pies are heavy on crust but adding more sauce to the inside will just cause it to bubble out. To combat this issue, we serve these mini pizza hand pies with a side of warm marinara or pizza sauce for dipping!