Follow us on Instagram for more fun food ideas for kids!
This delicious Boursin Cheese Tomato Pasta is just as tasty and easy as that viral baked feta recipe. It comes together quickly as an easy meal.
Kids love pasta, and we know it makes for easy dinners for families. We jumped on the TikTok Baked Feta Pasta train and created our version. We also made a Herb and Goat cheese tomato pasta version. We thought we would bring you a very mild-flavored recipe for a baked pasta dish with this Boursin Cheese Tomato Pasta recipe. The latest viral food trends with the baked pasta remind us of the casseroles of decades past. Casseroles were ingredients added to a dish and cooked in the oven for a long time. Yet these new modern versions are much quicker to prepare and faster to bake! Such a great timesaver for busy families juggling multiple activities these days.
What is Boursin Cheese?
Boursin Cheese is a combination of goat cheese and cream cheese. The Boursin cheese gives this dish a lighter taste and a super creamy texture that’s perfect for the whole family.
How to make Boursin Cheese Tomato Pasta
You will need a bake-proof dish for this recipe, and if you have one that can give you extra space, you can mix it all in one dish. Make sure that you have thinly sliced onions that are pretty uniform, so they cook up evenly. If you don’t want a strong onion taste, you can use shallots or red onions as they have a milder flavor. If your kids aren’t huge onion fans, you can also skip the onions altogether.
You’ll add the Boursin Cheese into the center, surround it with tomatoes and onions, and then drizzle with some oil. Bake the at 400 degrees until the tomatoes and onions are well cooked. The cheese will be melty and might be oozing into the other ingredients, but this is normal. Mix the vegetables and the cheese well, then add your cooked pasta. Top with a bit of salt and pepper or garlic salt for added flavor.
What to add Boursin Pasta to make it better or more flavorful
While this TikTok food trend recipe is an easy one, you can surely add some additional ingredients to make it even better and more to your liking. Some great ideas would be to add:
- Protein such as chicken, sausage or ground beef.
- Vegetables such as cut zucchini or mushrooms added before baking. Or you could add cooked spinach or broccoli when you mix the pasta in.
- Garnish with red pepper flakes for some spice or parmesan cheese for the kids.
- This particular pasta dish would also make a great side to a main dish, such as a roast chicken or pork chops.
- You could also add your favorite seasonings such as garlic salt or oregano.
Keep in mind that Boursin cheeses come in several flavors, so the possibilities are endless in changing up the pasta and the taste of the dish.
As you think about easy weeknight dinner meals, we know this will be one that you can add to your arsenal of easy-to-make, quick dinners. The best part is the kids can help throw the ingredients into a baking dish for you and help you prep it! And clean up should be fairly simple, too, since it uses one baking dish to cook all the ingredients.
Boursin Cheese Tomato Pasta – Ingredients
Seasonings (your choice)
Boursin Cheese Tomato Pasta
- 2 Cups Uncooked pasta We used bowtie but you can use your favorite pasta shape
- 1 Cup Herb Boursin Cheese
- 2 Cups Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 Red Onion Sliced
- 1 Tablespoons Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place Boursin Cheese in the middle of your baking dish.
- Surround the cheese with tomatoes and the sliced onion. Make sure you slice the onion thinly so that it cooks up evenly.
- Drizzle with oil. Add salt or seasonings to your choice.
- Bake at 400 for 25 minutes or until tomatoes and onions are well cooked and wilted. At this point your cheese should be very hot and melted. It is ok if your cheese has started to melt into the other ingredients.
- While the cheese is baking, boil pasta according to package instructions.
- When out of the oven, mix the onions and melted cheese until combined
- Pour in drained pasta and mix well. You can add some reserved pasta water to thicken up sauce. Garnish with salt and pepper or sprinkle with a bit of garlic salt or your favorite seasonings/herbs.