Follow us on Instagram for more fun food ideas for kids!
This White Chocolate Christmas Crack recipe is an easy and delicious holiday dessert with a buttery toffee flavor. It makes the perfect delicious gift this season.
One of the best things about the holidays is making Christmas desserts! This delicious White Chocolate Christmas Crack Recipe is fool-proof and is ALWAYS an instant hit at holiday parties, potlucks, or gift exchanges! You’ll love packaging up this delicious toffee candy into cute edible Christmas favors to give to loved family members and friends this holiday season.
What is Christmas Crack?
Christmas Crack is a sugary, buttery, toffee-flavored candy traditionally cut into bars and pressed before drying. It is similar to brittle in appearance, but it breaks with a brittle snap instead of crumbling. However, the texture is much softer and smoother than traditional brittle. However, it’s also easier to make and requires no candy thermometer!
What ingredients are in White Chocolate Christmas Crack?
Traditionally, Christmas crack is made with dark chocolate but we kicked it up a holiday notch by making it with white chocolate and crushed peppermints plus Oreo cookies.
You can omit the peppermints and Oreos and make simple white chocolate bark. But it won’t look as festive or taste as great!
Peppermint White Chocolate Christmas Crack – Ingredients:
- Saltine Crackers
- 2 sticks of Butter
- 1 cup of Brown Sugar
- 1 bag of White Melting Chocolate
- 15 Peppermints (processed)
- 1 sleeve of Oreos (processed)
- Cookie Sheet (covered in foil)
(watch the video in this post)
White Chocolate Christmas Crack Recipe
- 35-40 Saltine Crackers
- 1 cup Butter Unsalted
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 10 oz bag White Melting Chocolate 10 oz
- 15 Peppermint candies crushed
- 1 sleeve Oreo cookies crushed
- Cookie sheet covered in foil
- Preheat ove to 325 degrees. Start by placing a layer of saltine crackers on your cookie sheet. Be sure to cover the entire sheet (use half broken crakcers for the sides if needed) and set aside.
- In a large saucepan add your butter and brown sugar.
- Stir continuously until melted and combined. Bring to a boil for about two minutes.
- While still hot, pour over your crackers. Spread evenly.
- Place pan in the oven at 325 for about 5 to 8 minutes, or until it begins to bubble again. Let cool.
- Melt down your chocolate in the microwave in 45 second intervals, stirring after each, until melted.
- Pour melted chocolate on top and smooth out evenly.
- Top with your oreo and peppermint crumbs.
- Place in the fridge for at least an hour or until chocolate is hardened and can be broken inot pieces.
- Break apart. Serve and enjoy!
You Might Also Like
Agnes Hsu is a mom of three and has been inspiring parents and kids to get creative with easy activities and family friendly recipes for over 10 years. She shares her love for creative play and kids food to her 2MM+ followers online. Agnes' commitment to playful learning and kindness has not only raised funds for charity but also earned features in prestigious nationwide publications.