Follow us on Instagram for more fun food ideas for kids!
Do you love cinnamon rolls but can’t find the time or have the skills to bake these time-intensive rolls? This recipe for two-ingredient cinnamon roll TikTok hack will save the day and curb your cravings!
We love a good food hack and TikTok recipes are our favorites from hot cocoa bombs and easy one pan mac and cheese. We’re all about saving time in the kitchen without sacrificing flavor and these two ingredient cinnamon rolls are shockingly easy and dangerously addictive to make! My entire family devoured these in one sitting and they make an easy baking hack for when you’re craving something sweet with that delicious fresh-baked flavor without slaving away in the kitchen.
Who came up with this viral TikTok recipe?
The credit goes to one of our favorites @Fitwaffle who creates quick and tasty dessert hacks. Think easy and popular favorites like 4-ingredient S’mores bars and or 2-Ingredient Dulce De Leche ice cream.
How do you make two ingredient cinnamon rolls?
The process for the dough is actually a well-known hack for making bagels like our two ingredient Blueberry Bagels made with self-rising flour and Greek Yogurt. We did adjust @FitWaffle’s recipe somewhat since her recipe. We used the base for our bagel recipe and halved it to make 4 cinnamon rolls.
We kept the cinnamon, brown sugar and melted butter filling approximately the same. As for the frosting we created our own cream cheese-based frosting because we love the tang that offsets the sticky sweet cinnamon brown sugar. @FitWaffle used a powdered sugar milk-based frosting with no cream cheese.
How long do you bake the cinnamon rolls?
In the TikTok viral video, @FitWaffle bakes hers in a 160 degree Celsius (320 F) oven for 15 minutes and makes 5 mini rolls. We made 4 larger sized rolls and instead baked them for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Two Ingredient Cinnamon Rolls – Ingredients:
- Self Rising Flour (already includes baking powder, if you can’t find it you can make your own by adding 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder and 1/4 tsp salt to 1 cup of flour)
- Greek Yogurt (we used 2% Fage)
Cinnamon Sugar Mix
- Brown Sugar
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cream Cheese
- Powdered sugar
WATCH THE VIDEO IN THIS POST
Two Ingredient Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
Cinnamon Roll Dough
- 3/4 Cups Self Rising Flour
- 1 Cup Greek Yogurt
Cinnamon Sugar Mixture
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoon Melted Butter
- 3 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 Ounce Cream cheese softened
- 3 Tablespoon Butter softened
- 1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon Milk
- 3/4 Cup Powdered sugar sifted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine Greek yogurt with self-rising flour until dough becomes shaggy.
- Place dough on a flour board and knead a few times until a dough forms.
- Roll out to around 1/4" thickness or sligthl less to rougly a rectangle sahpe.
- Combine melted butter, cinnamon and brown sugar to make the inside filling.
- Spread on your dough evenly and leave about 1/2" around all corners. Cut off the ends neatly with a knife.
- Roll your dough gently into a roll. Cut evenly into 4 rolls.
- Place onto a floured 8" baking round pan spaced an inch apart (they will puff up)
- Bake for 20-25 mintues until golden. Remove and allow to cool inside pan for 10 mintues or so.
- Make the frosting by combing all the cream cheese frosting ingredients until you get a nice glossy and shiney frosting that's soft enoug to spread.
- Slather on top and sides of cinamon rolls. Best enjoeye warm!
You Might Also Like: