Follow us on Instagram for more fun food ideas for kids!
If you love biscuits, waffles, and pizza, this delicious, cheesy biscuit waffle pizza made right in a waffle pan will give you the best of both worlds!
My kids love pizza, I mean most kids do right? So I’m always trying to find unique ways to serve pizza. We’ve tried mini muffin pizzas and love making small single-serving versions of pizza like this delicious biscuit waffle pizza! If your kids love biscuits AND waffles this is also a win in the kitchen! The best part is using in mini individual waffle maker. Each kid gets to create their own pizza toppings. Dinner gets served in minutes and everyone’s bellies are full. I consider that a MOM WIN for me!
How do you make Biscuit Waffle Pizza?
You will need a waffle maker of course. Use any kind, but just note that if you have the larger kind (and not individual like ours) your biscuit dough won’t go to the edges like ours did.
You will also need refrigerated biscuit dough, pizza sauce, cheese, and any of your favorite toppings. We like to coat our biscuits with some olive oil so the dough doesn’t stick. We picked up all the easy ingredients at Trader Joes, our favorite for easy weeknight dinners.
What toppings can you add to your waffle pizza?
What’s great about this stuffed pizza waffle is that you can add any of your favorite toppings! We kept it simple with mozzarella and pepperoni here. But you can add diced veggies like mushrooms, and peppers. Or ground sausage, ham, and even pineapples and onions!
You could even make a dessert pizza waffle and stuff with Nutella, or peanut butter and jam or bananas!
Biscuit Waffle Pizza – Ingredients:
- Refrigerated biscuit dough
- Pizza sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Olive oil
You will also need a rolling pin and waffle maker.
Tips and notes while making Biscuit Waffle Pizza:
- You want to toast both sides, so flip after the first bake.
- The more cheese you add, the more it will ooze out so note this pizza is more about the dough than cheese! If you want extra cheese, add some on top after it’s baked and pop it in the microwave for a few seconds to melt.
- If you add a lot of sauce it will ooze out and create more of a mess to clean up! So do what we did and dip your waffle pizza in some extra sauce while eating. Bon appetit!
Biscuit Waffle Pizza
- 1 Can Refrigerated biscuit dough
- Pizza sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Olive oil
- Preheat your waffle maker.
- Take your biscuits out of your can and roll them out with a rolling pin to flatten them out, at least 1/4" thick.
- Brush on olive oil on one biscuit and place it oil side down on the waffle pan.
- Add 1-2 TBSP of pizza sauce on top.
- Add 1-2 TBSP cheese on top of the sauce.
- Top with pepperoni or your favorite toppings.
- Take another biscuit round and brush with oil and place that over your biscuit that is already on the waffle pan, oil side touching the opposite waffle pan (top part).
- Bake for about 4-5 minutes, then flip over and bake for another 4-5 minutes. Flipping ensures the biscuit is cooked through. If you bake without flipping the inside of the biscuit will still be doughy.