Follow us on Instagram for more fun food ideas for kids!
Are you looking for an easy Memorial Day Dessert or 4th of July dessert to bring to your food gathering or celebration? Look no further than this impressive Raspberry Blueberry Slab Pie Patriotic Dessert.
This red, white and blue dessert is a treat that will satisfy kids and adults. What’s great is that it’s basically one giant Pop Tart. Or as the name suggest, a slab of pie that can easily be cut into any size piece you want.
Make them tiny to serve a bunch and keep the dessert calories or sugar down.
This delicious and easy Raspberry and Blueberry Slab Pie makes an impressive patriotic dessert for your Memorial or Fourth of July celebration.
How to make Raspberry and Blueberry Slab Pie
It’s so versatile, you can basically pie the inside with any of your favorite fruit fillings.
We used raspberry and blueberries here to keep with the patriotic theme. To take make it red, white and blue, we drizzled a delicious cream cheese frosting drizzle on top.
Barely noticeably sweet but adds a nice tang and creaminess to balance out the tartness of the berries. It also goes well with the lemon zest just in the filling!
To make this pie super easy, I use refrigerated store-bought pie crust. Trader Joe’s pie crust is a favorite but you could use any brand. You can of course, also make your own scratch-made pie crust.
Use the freshest raspberries and blueberries for this pie, make sure they are ripe but not overly to keep the juices down.
You’ll just need sugar and lemon to round out the filling and a basting of egg for that golden crust.
I usually add some Demerara sugar on top while baking but ran out so you could add if you have on hand for an extra crunchy crust.
Once the pie cools, you can whip up an easy cream cheese frosting drizzle with some powdered sugar and milk and add on top garnished with fresh berries.
Or you can leave the slab pie as is (it’s delicious without too).
Although we guarantee this pie won’t last long, make sure you refrigerate at the end of the day because it’s fruit filled. Eat within 5 days of refrigeration. If using cream cheese frosting, make sure to refrigerate until eating and let it come to room temp for best flavor.
Get the recipe below to make this delicious berry slap pie for your next patriotic gathering!
Raspberry Blueberry Slab Pie
- 2 refrigerated store bought pie crusts I used Trader Joe's total weight 22 oz (11 oz per pie crust)
- 3 1/2 cups fresh raspberries and blueberries reserve 1/2 cup for garnish
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tbps cornstarch
- 1 egg beatened with 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 - 2/3 cups powdered sugar
- 2-4 tsp milk
- 8 oz cream cheese softened, room temp
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Line a 9"x13" baking pan with parchment paper
- In a bowl, mix 3 cups berries with sugar, cornstarch, juice and zest of one lemon, let that sit for the juices to come out about 15 minutes.
- Roll out your 2 pie crust to an approximate 9" x 12" rectangle, make one slightly bigger. If it gets too soft chill in refrigerator.
- Lay your slightly larger slab of your rolled out pie crust over the parchment lined pan, add your berry mixtures with a slotted spoon, we don't want soggy pie.
- Lay your other pie crust over the the berries, pinch the edges all around. Cut a few slits over the top to vent.
- Mix egg with a tablespoon of water, brush all over the pie.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until bubbly and golden. Allow to cool completely before slicing.
- If making cream cheese drizzle, mix cream cheese, powdered sugar and milk until drizzling consistency. If too soft, add a bit more powdered sugar, if too stiff, add more milk. Add to a sandwich zipper bag, snip off end and drizzle. Add berries to garnish on top.