Follow us on Instagram for more fun food ideas for kids!
This Crab Sandwich Food Art is a super cute summer lunch you can make for your kids. The pickiest eater won’t be able to resist this adorable crab food art!
My kids are a huge fan of Uncrustables so we turned this kid favorite sandwich into an adorable crab sandwich food art! What’s so great is that Uncrustable PB&J sandwiches are already round! So the crab shape is basically there for you already. This makes an adorable ocean lunch for kids!
All you need is to add a few features like apple pinchers and legs. Adorn with crushed graham crackers for a sweet treat to round out your crab lunch! We added some sage leaves to resemble kelp but you that’s optional. You can use any type of greens on hand. Cilantro, curly parsley or chives would work too.
Don’t forget the silly googly candy eyes to make your crab face come alive. Kids love silly animal food art so this one is sure to be a hit.
What kind of sandwich is best to make this cute crab sandwich?
As we mentioned Uncrustables is what we had on hand, but you can easily take two round cookie cutters and add any kind of filling inside like ham and cheese. or make it a mini pizza crab with a bit of round pizza crust and favorite topping. Or you can use naan bread to make a small pizza as well!
If you don’t want to buy the store Uncrustables you can also make your own with this Uncrustable Mold.
Can kids help make this ocean food art?
Yes definitely! My 11 year old actually made this for her 2 year old brother! She was able to cut the apple pinchers and legs herself and the rest was just a matter of assembly. Crushing graham crackers for the sand was fun with a rolling pin inside a zipper bag as well as arranging the sage as “kelp.”
Crab Sandwich Food Art – Materials:
Uncrustable sandwich (or any round sandwich shape)
Small red apple
Two large candy googly eyes
Green herbs like sage leaves
Crab Sandwich Food Art
- 2 Uncrustable sandwich or any round sandwich
- 2 Small red apples
- 4-5 Graham crackers crushed
- 2 Large candy googly eyes
- Sage leaves or other green herbs
- Cut off two small round pieces of apple with skin showing and cut out a small triangle in each to make the pinchers.
- Cut two small strips of apple and two longer strips and connect to the pinchers.
- Add your sandwich touching the ends of the pinchers so they look like they connect.
- Add two candy googly eyes on top of the sandwich and cut a small strip of apple for the mouth.
- Now cut 8 small strips of apples and arrange them to make legs as shown.
- Crush your graham crackers (in a zipper bag with a rolling pin works) and arrange along the crab on plate as "sand."
- Add some sage leaves around the sand as "kelp" for a decorative touch.