Follow us on Instagram for more fun food ideas for kids!
What is is about the combination of hummus with either carrots or hummus as a snack? Or smeared on top of some yummy crackers or crusty bread?
This Carrot Hummus Pretzel Bagel Sandwich combines a favorite flavor combination into one tasty and savory sandwich!
One of the only ways I can get my kids to eat raw carrots is with a dollop of creamy hummus!
They also like the salty combination from a handful of pretzels that rounds out a hearty snack while balancing the carbs portion with plant based protein (did you know hummus is usually made from garbanzo beans?).
The lightbulb struck to combine one of our favorite snack into a sandwich!
We used an Everything bagel because this popular flavoring compliments the savory flavors of carrots, hummus and pretzels so well. But you can roll this up into your favorite whole wheat wrap, pita or bread!
This makes a hearty lunch and easy school lunchbox sandwich idea – we have all the kids at school hungry for hummus pretzel bagel sandwiches now!
Carrot Hummus Pretzel Bagel Sandwich
- 1 Everything Bagel May substitute other bread
- 2 Carrot Sticks Coarsely chopped
- 2 TBSP Hummus Store bought or make your own
- 2-3 TBSP Crushed pretzels
- 1. Add your pretzel to a sandwich zip bag and lightly crush with a utensil, or rolling pin.
- 2. Toast your bagel (optional). Spread hummus on the bagel
- 3. Top with your chopped carrots and crushed pretzels.
We’re obsessed with making more snack mash-up sandwiches now and/or ones with hummus as the star!