Follow us on Instagram for more fun food ideas for kids!
Apple Pull Apart Bread is an easy fall snack you can make with kids! You can make it using refrigerated canned biscuits making this a simple fall baking treat!
Happy fall! We love the colder weather for an excuse to make cozy fall treats like this Apple Pull Apart Bread with biscuits! The refrigerated dough makes this a simple 6 ingredient bread you whip up quickly for when the mood strikes to eat something tasty and warm! You can drizzle your favorite caramel sauce over it like we did to give it more of dessert vs. breakfast feel.
Why make pull-apart breads?
We love making pull apart bread because they are simple to make with just a few ingredients. There are endless variations to making this type of bread like this Peanut Butter and Jelly Pull Apart Bread.
Watch my 4-year-old son @DashBakesTheGreats in this post’s video make the bread from start to finish!
How do you make apple pull apart bread?
You’ll need canned refrigerated biscuits (we used Pillsbury). One can comes with 8 rounds which you can split into two so you’ll be left with 16 rounds.
Green apples are best for this recipe for their tartness. Chop some green apples and mix them with a blend of cinnamon, brown sugar, butter and a dash of orange juice (lemon is fine too).
You’ll create 4 stacks of 4 biscuit rounds and add the cinnamon apple filling on top of each.
Last, gather each stack and gently place them is greased buttered loaf pan for baking!
This is an optional step but we drizzled caramel sauce over the top of our bread once it cooled off a bit. The caramel paired well with the green apples and cinnamon.
What else can you add to pull-apart bread?
Here are some fun bread variations:
- Chocolate spread and bananas
- Peanut butter and chocolate spread or chips
- Stone fruits like peaches or apricots with a cinnamon sugar mix (like this apple bread)
- Savory pull-apart like garlic, parsley and butter
- Another savory option is pizza pull- apart with tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese!
Apple Pull-Apart Bread – ingredients
(recipe adapted from Pillsbury)
- Green apples
- Brown sugar
- Orange juice
- Refrigerated Canned Biscuit dough (we used Pillsbury)
- Caramel sauce (optional)
Apple Pull Apart Bread With Biscuits
- 2 Green apples sliced 1/4" thick
- 1 TBSP Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted, Melted Butter
- 1/2 Cup Brown sugar
- 1 TBSP Orange juice
- 1 Package Refrigerator canned biscuit dough We used Pillsbury Buttermilk but you can also use Grands Flaky type.
- Caramel sauce optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush your loaf pan (9" x 5") with some of the melted butter.
- Mix the apples, cinnamon, brown sugar, remaining melted butter and orange juice together.
- Separate the 8 biscuits in a can into 16 rounds.
- Add an equal amount of apple filling in between 4 rounds. You should end up with 4 stacks.
- Carefuly insert each stack into your loaf pan downwards.
- Brush any remaining cinnamon sugar mixtrue on top and on the sides.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over the top if you wish. We just used store-bought caramel sacue.
Agnes Hsu is a mom of three and has been inspiring parents and kids to get creative with easy activities and family friendly recipes for over 10 years. She shares her love for creative play and kids food to her 2MM+ followers online. Agnes' commitment to playful learning and kindness has not only raised funds for charity but also earned features in prestigious nationwide publications.