Follow us on Instagram for more fun food ideas for kids!
Whip up this easy turkey veggie snack tray in no time to wow your Thanksgiving guests this year!
We love making cute foods simple and easy over here! Our goal has always been to have parents and kids come together and make fun and delicious foods in a no-fuss way. Case in point this adorable Easy Turkey Veggie Snack Tay is a great way for kids to get involved in making Thanksgiving dinner!
You can clearly see from the photos that all it takes is some sliced bell peppers, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, and carrots. Use a store-bought dip and voila, your snack turkey platter is done!
This Turkey Veggie Tray is also a fun food craft for kids to help make.
If your kids are old enough to use a kid-safe knife we encourage them to try slicing the bell peppers or cucumbers! If they are not hold enough to handle that, they can easily arrange the slices on top of the turkey to make his “feathers” stand out as bold and colorful as possible!
What kind of vegetables should I use for this Thanksgiving snack tray?
As mentioned we used an array of yellow, red, and orange veggies like bell peppers, carrots and tomatoes. We added some sliced cucumbers for some green. The turkey body is made of the end of an orange bell pepper and the legs are made of carrots!
What kind of dip is best for this Turkey veggie platter?
We are partial to Ranch dip and think veggies taste great with this dip! But you can use any kind of dip or even hummus or a green type of Goddess or Avocado dip!
Easy Turkey Veggie Snack Tray – Ingredients:
Assorted vegetables in fall colors (carrots, cherry tomatoes, red orange yellow bell peppers) we also used cucumbers. You can use any chopped veggies you want.
Carrots for the legs
One orange bell pepper for the turkey body, a bit of red for the wattle and yellow for the beak
Two candy googly eyes
Your favorite veggie dip
Easy Turkey Veggie Snack Tray
- Assorted vegetables in fall colors (carrots, cherry tomatoes, red orange yellow bell peppers) We also used cucumbers
- Carrots for the legs
- One orange bell pepper for the turkey body, a bit of red for the wattle and yellow for beak
- Two candy googly eyes
- Your favorite veggie dip
- Slice your bell peppers and cucumbers.
- Slice off one end of your orange bell pepper for your turkey body.
- Make a small tear drop cut off a piece of red bell pepper for the wattle.
- Make a small yellow triangle of yellow bell pepper for the beak.
- Make two small rectangle carrots and use a sharp knife to make tiny feet at the bottom.
- Place your turkey on the platter, add the face features and the feet.
- Arrange your veggies in an outward fan pattern starting with the cucumbers, bell peppers, carrots and cherry tomatoes.
25 Cute and Healthy Christmas Treats for Kids - helloyummy
Monday 18th of November 2019
[…] these cute Christmas treats to the kids. These adorable holiday treats are packed with fruits, veggies, and other healthy […]