Spinach Artichoke Dip Pizza
Follow us on Instagram for more fun food ideas for kids!
Who else always orders spinach artichoke dip when eating out? It’s one of my favorite appetizers and surprisingly easy to make at home. I usually bake it then serve it inside a hollowed out sourdough bread bowl or crackers. .
The lightning bolt struck that it would be great as a pizza. No need for the crackers or bread!
Seriously so good and what was once an appetizer has now became dinner.
We love using Trader Joe’s ready made pizza crust for this.
The crust is already pre-baked and comes with two large rectangular flats so it serves a lot (or save for leftovers) and doesn’t take long to bake at all. The thin size makes it tastes like a flatbread pizza. So good and versatile for any toppings, really.
We used the same crust on our Rainbow Glitter Pizza if you want to see a variation.
For the spinach artichoke dip, we adapted this recipe. The major changes was adding a second type of cheese, Gruyere, which tastes so good melted as a dip, and increasing the spinach considerably to cut down the creaminess, and increase the greens. We also added more garlic and some green onions (scallions) for a sweet, mild onion flavor.
Spinach Artichoke Pizza
- 14 oz artichoke hearts, can drained and chopped
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 scallions whites, with some greens, chopped
- 2 cups frozen spinach chopped and squeezed dried
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 1/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese reserve 1/2 cup
- 1 cup grated Gruyere cheese reserve 1/2 cup
- 2 flatbread pizza crusts ready baked, we used Trader Joe's
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2. Combine all the ingredients except for the pizza crust minus the reserved 1/2 cup each of Parmesan and Gruyere. Mix well.
- 3. Spread the dip evenly on your two pizza flatbread crusts.
- 4. Top each crust each evenly with your reserved 1/2 cup each of Parmesan and Gruyere cheese (so 1/4 cup of each per pizza)
- 5. Bake for 12-15 minutes until top is bubbly. If you want those brown crispy cheesy tops, broil for 1-2 additional minutes.
- 6. Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving.