Follow us on Instagram for more fun food ideas for kids!
These Mini Rainbow Pizzas are the perfect bite-sized lunch or dinner to celebrate a rainbow party or St. Patrick’s Day party with your kids!
Don’t you love when food is in miniature form? We’ve made everything from mini pancake muffins and muffin tin pizzas! We’ve got one more colorful tiny food idea for your minis at home in the form of these mini rainbow pizzas! I don’t know about you but my kids think pizza is a food group! They love pizza so much I’m always trying inventive ways to serve it up. We love making Naan pizza or sheet pan pizzas too!
These rainbow-shaped mini pizzas are perfect for celebrating a rainbow or St. Patrick’s Day party!
What do you need to make mini rainbow pizzas?
We use ready-made store-bought pizza dough. You can often get this in your local markets like Trader Joes or Whole Foods. You could easily substitute tube refrigerated pizza crust (like Pillsbury), or ready-crust in the bread section and of course make your own! There is no right or wrong pizza dough. Tending to kids and feeding hungry little mouths is a hard job so we like to give busy parents options.
You’ll also need an array of diced veggies in rainbow colors. Use your favorite veggies or what you have at home, again there isn’t a right or wrong answer. We used red and orange peppers, corn, zucchini, kale, and red onions.
The last thing you’ll need is your favorite pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese!
Mini Rainbow Pizza – Ingredients
1 cup of each
Mini Rainbow Pizzas
- 1 Cup Red peppers Chopped
- 1 Cup Orange peppers Chopped
- 1 Cup Corn Off the cob
- 1 Cup Zucchini Chopped
- 1 Cup Kale Chopped
- 1 Cup Red onions Chopped
- 1 bag of pizza dough Often found in your local markets in the refrigerated section
- Mozzarella cheese Shredded
- 2 Tbsp of pizza sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop the veggies into a small dice and place them on a plate.
- Open the bag of pizza dough and break off a handful. Work the dough into a rainbow shape and place on a parchment lined tray.
- Spread a small (very small) amount of pizza sauce, you don’t want the sauce to run down the sides.
- Garnish with cheese.
- Starting with “red” place the veggies in rainbow order. You only need a small amount of each veggie so that you can fit them all on the mini pizza rainbow dough.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until the dough is just golden brown. Allow to cool for 10 minutes on the pan then remove and serve.
You Might Also Like
Agnes Hsu is a mom of three and has been inspiring parents and kids to get creative with easy activities and family friendly recipes for over 10 years. She shares her love for creative play and kids food to her 2MM+ followers online. Agnes' commitment to playful learning and kindness has not only raised funds for charity but also earned features in prestigious nationwide publications.