Follow us on Instagram for more fun food ideas for kids!
It’s officially summer and we’re kicking it off with this cute under the sea Rainbow Fruit Fish Food Art!
This adorable fish comes together quick with all your favorite rainbow fruits. We used apples for the head, fins and tails. For the rainbow body, strawberries, mangos, kiwis and grapes created a vibrant rainbow!
Make this rainbow fruit fish food art as a quick, healthy and refreshing summer fruit snack for kids!
This rainbow fruit snack would be great to pair up and read along the popular kids’ book, The Rainbow Fish!
It’s a delicious and healthy snack for kids too when you want a break from the cookies and crackers.
Plus I feel my kids eat way more fruit when it’s cut up for them. The under the sea theme is an added bonus!
How to make a cute rainbow fruit fish.
We used the help of a heart and round cookie cutter to make the lips and scales round, but you can easily use a paring knife to cut out your fruit.
Make sure you use fresh fruit and ripe fruit! Another tip to make the colors stand out is to use the outer edges fro the strawberries and grapes.
If you have googly eyes on hand that’s great, but you an also use a small blueberry for the eyes. The sand is just crushed graham crackers and we used parsley as “kelp” but feel free to use any other herbs you have on hand!
Rainbow Fruit Fish Food Art
- Secure candy googly eye on demi-circle apple to complete fish face.
- For the lips: Cut a strawberry slice and push a small heart-shaped cookie cutter through.
- Cut strawberry heart in half and secure in front of the demi-circle apple head, giving the fish lips.
- For the scales: Cut strawberries in slices (aim to use the “outer” portion of the strawberry) and cut into circles using a circular cookie cutter, about 1 inch in diameter.
- Line two rows of strawberry scales.
- Cut mango slices and use the same round cookie cutter. Line two rows of strawberry scales.
- Repeat for kiwi.
- Cut grapes in half and add the two final rows of scales.
- For the fins: Cut two apple slices and trim into smile triangles. Place one on top of the body of the fish and the other, on the bottom.
- For the fish tail: Cut one large apple slice and trim into one large triangle. Trim the bottom end to give it two points.
- Garnish white plate with graham cracker crumbs on the bottom and add parsley.
Check out more cute food snacks for kids!
Disclosure: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will receive a small affiliate commission. Regardless, we give our promise that we only recommend products or services we would use personally and believe will add values to our readers.