Follow us on Instagram for more fun food ideas for kids!
These Rainbow Fruit Cones are a healthy summer snack for kids. Add in the colors of the rainbow with delicious fruit!
Now that the weather is getting a bit warmer, it’s a given that the kids are going to have ice cream on the brain even more than normal. If that’s the case, why not try a new treat this year?
These fruit cones might not have any ice cream in them but they are still sweet and delicious. And the kids will love being able to have a waffle cone full of bright and ripe rainbow fruit! The riper the fruit, the sweeter the flavor. Who knows – they might not even miss the ice cream at all.
We love to have this simple dessert recipe year-round but it really is quite wonderful when the fruit is fresh and in season. You can easily change it up every time you make it as well by simply changing out the various types of fruit.
Can you use frozen fruit for these rainbow cones?
I highly recommend using fresh fruit. Frozen fruit is going to thaw and that is going to have water leaking down into the cone. This will make the cone soggy and potentially a giant mess.
What are the fruits to avoid adding to these cones?
This is really hard to say. All fruits are good fruits but I would say that any fruits that are hard or not quite right should probably be left out. Also, any fruit that your child doesn’t care for as well.
Just be certain to fill the cones full of sweet fruit and you should be good.
Rainbow Fruit Cones – Ingredients
This simple fruit cone recipe is loaded down with fresh fruit and is so simple to make. No cooking required makes it great!
Variety of diced fruit (we used these to make a rainbow mix – raspberries, mandarin oranges, pineapple, grapes, blueberries and blackberries)
Tips For Making This Healthy Fruit Snack for Kids
– The biggest tip for making these rainbow fruit cones is that you need to make certain that you make them right before you’re serving them. This isn’t a recipe to make in advance.
– The fruit, even being fresh will still eventually make the cone soggy so once you add in the fruit, it’s time to eat and enjoy!
– This recipe for Rainbow Fruit Cones is a refreshing and healthy way to have a sweet treat!
-Add toppings such as granola, honey, whipped cream, mini chocolate chips or yogurt to make it a heartier snack or dessert!
Rainbow Fruit Cones
- Variety of diced fruit (we used these to make a rainbow mix - raspberries, mandarin oranges, pineapple, grapes, blueberries and blackberries)
- Waffle cones
- Mix the fruit in a bowl and spoon into the waffle cone.