Follow us on Instagram for more fun food ideas for kids!
These delicious Mini Berry Star Pies will be a hit dessert at your patriotic 4th of July party!
When it comes to festive family-centric holidays like 4th of July, we like to keep the desserts simple, cute and yummy. This appeals to both kids and adults!
Cue these adorable Mini Berry Star Pies. They make the perfect hand-held 4th of July treats for kids to serve for this star-spangled festive holiday.
What we love about these mini berry pies is that they come together so quick in a muffin tin pan. We used frozen pie crust and berries only because that’s what we have on hand, but you can make your own dough and use fresh berries which we’ve also done in the past.
This version is super easy for kids to help make in the kitchen, so that’s what we shared, but of course feel free to adapt and make it as homemade as possible given your kids’ baking skills.
Mini Berry Star Pies – Ingredients:
refrigerated pie dough
blueberries and raspberries (fresh or frozen)
Mini Berry Star Pies
- 1 package refrigerated pie dough
- 3 cups blueberries and raspberries fresh or frozen
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tbps cornstarch
- 1 tbps lemon juice
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease cups of a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Lay one roll of your room temperature pie dough on a flat surface and unroll. Using a cup or cookie cutter to cut, create circles that will fill each muffin cup. (Note: if your circles end up being too small for your tins you can roll them out to fit better).
- In a medium bowl, combine blueberries, raspberries, sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice until well combined.
- Fill each pie cup 3/4 full with the berry mixture.
- With the remaining dough, use a small cookie cutter to create star shapes and place one on the center of each mini pie.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until crust is golden and filling begins bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and allow to completely cool before serving.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Agnes Hsu is a mom of three and has been inspiring parents and kids to get creative with easy activities and family friendly recipes for over 10 years. She shares her love for creative play and kids food to her 2MM+ followers online. Agnes' commitment to playful learning and kindness has not only raised funds for charity but also earned features in prestigious nationwide publications.