Follow us on Instagram for more fun food ideas for kids!
This Valentine Pop Tart House is a sweet Valentine’s Day Treat you can make with kids that requires minimal mess and is so easy using Pop Tarts as the base for the house!
Love is definitely in the air with less than one week left until Valentine’s Day! We’ve been busy baking with our little lovebugs some adorable Valentine treats and have one more to share with you today! This cute Valentine Pop Tart House is delightful and sweet yet so simple and clever with the Pop Tart house design! We used store-bought Pop Tarts or make your own Pop Tarts with this easy two-ingredient recipe!
How do you make a Valentine Pop Tart House?
You will need 6 total Pop Tarts for this Valentine snacktivity. Two for the roof, two for the sides and two for the front and back of the house. You’ll trim the two front pieces to make a triangle at the top so you can lay your roof over. The side Pop Tarts will need to be trimmed down to size so the roof pieces can overhang.
Last you’ll need LOTS of icing(we used ready make cookie icing that dries hard) and lots of fun Valentine sprinkles.
How do you get your Valentine cookie house to stand still?
Pro tip: if you are not patient in waiting for the icing to dry (which can be a hard thing to do with impatient kids who want to get straight to decorating) you can hot glue the house together first (as long as you are not eating the house and just displaying it). The glue adheres the layers of the house quickly and then you can add frosting all around to seal the edges in. This pro tip is one we’ve seen in professional gingerbread house decorating!
Valentine Pop Tart House – Ingredients
- Pop Tarts (we used the Valentine themed flavors)
- Cookie icing that dries hard (Wilton cookie icing works as well as the Target brand “Favorite Day.”)
- Valentine Sprinkles
Valentine Pop Tart House
- 6 Pop Tarts (we used the Valentine themed flavors)
- Cookie icing that dries hard (Wilton cookie icing works as well as the Target brand "Favorite Day.")
- Valentine Sprinkles
- 1. You will need 6 total Pop Tarts for this Valentine snacktivity. Two for the roof, two for the sides and two for the front and back of the house. 2. Trim the two front pieces to make a triangle at the top so you can lay your roof over. The side Pop Tarts will need to be trimmed down to size so the roof pieces can overhang. 3. Once you have yoru pieces use icing to hold the Pop Tart house pieces in place. You will need to hold in place and wait for it to dry. Check out our pro tip below if you're impatient and aren't plannign to eat the hosue. 4. Use additional icing to create design on the hosue and add on the seams to add your favorite Valetine sprinkles!
You Might Also Like
Agnes Hsu is a mom of three and has been inspiring parents and kids to get creative with easy activities and family friendly recipes for over 10 years. She shares her love for creative play and kids food to her 2MM+ followers online. Agnes' commitment to playful learning and kindness has not only raised funds for charity but also earned features in prestigious nationwide publications.