Follow us on Instagram for more fun food ideas for kids!
These Mini Biscuit Rainbow Donuts are a cute, colorful and easy treat to start off your morning with a smile.
Who doesn’t love donuts? But let’s be honest, having a giant donut early in the morning can just be asking for trouble. Cue these Mini Biscuit Rainbow Donuts.
That’s not only a lot of sugar but it’s a ton of carbs as well. And if we can all just agree that there is something really cute and adorable about these mini biscuit rainbow donuts, right?
The best part about making up this recipe is that there really isn’t any “hard” step to it at all. Since we’re using readymade refrigerated biscuit dough that really does eliminate a lot of the steps and processes.
Cooking together in the kitchen is a great way to spend more time together and bond while making delicious memories. Imagine the look on your children’s face when they hear that they’re going to be helping to make mini rainbow donuts?!
They’re going to be over the moon excited to be able to help in the process!
Is this recipe appropriate for younger children to help with?
It is! As long as you’re there to supervise and help, they can absolutely jump in and make the donuts. In fact, their little hands are the perfect size for helping to make mini donuts!
You might just have to show them a quick tutorial of the best and most simple process, but I have a feeling once they see you do it one time, they’re going to get the hang of it easily and be rocking and rolling in no time at all.
What fun toppings could you add to these mini donuts?
The toppings are the best part! As you can see from our video, we did a simple glaze and sprinkles but there’s really no wrong choice. The great thing about making these mini rainbow donuts is that you can also create them for fun holidays and occasions as well.
Just change them up a bit and add some green sprinkles for St. Patrick’s Day, pink and red sprinkles for Valentine’s Day, green and red sprinkles for Christmas and the list could go on and on.
And if you want to skip the sprinkles altogether, you could opt for fun edible shapes or stars as well. There are literally tons of options for various fun toppings with these simple mini donuts.
Make sure to scroll down to watch the video below to see how we made these Mini Biscuit Rainbow Donuts!
Mini Biscuit Rainbow Donuts – Ingredients
- Can of refrigerated buttermilk biscuit dough
- Melted butter
- Powdered Sugar
- Pink food coloring
Mini Biscuit Rainbow Donuts
- 1 Can of refrigerated buttermilk biscuit dough
- 2 TBSP Melted butter
- 1 Cup Powdered sugar
- 2 TBSP Milk
- Pink food coloring
- 1.5 inch circle cutter
- 1/4 or 1/2 inch round cutter (or use small tip of a round pastry tip)
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pop the biscuits out of the can. You should have 8 biscuits. Flatten each with your hands. Use the 1.5 inch cutter to cut out circles. You should get 3 circles from each biscuit rounds (so you will have 24 mini donuts total). Use the smaller circle cutter or end of pastry tip to cut out your donut hole center.
- Brush each donut with melted butter.
- Bake on a parchment lined baking pan for 11-12 minutes until the tops are golden brown. Let cool.
- Mix powdered sugar with milk and food coloring until icing is smooth and fluid for dipping. Split into two. Color half with pink food coloring. Dip each cooled donut onto the icing and sprinkle with rainbow sprinkles. Let set before eating.
Simple tips for making these Mini Biscuit Rainbow Donuts
- The best tip of all? Just have fun! These donuts don’t have to be perfectly round or perfectly covered in sprinkles to be enjoyed. Consider this a fun cooking project for you and the kids!
10 Best Rainbow Donuts Recipes You Will Love
Tuesday 11th of April 2023
[…] 10. Mini Biscuit Rainbow Donuts Recipe […]
10 Best Food Hacks For Kids - Easy Kitchen Hack Recipes for Home
Thursday 22nd of July 2021
[…] Mini Biscuit Donuts […]