People All Over TikTok Are Making Pop It Chocolate And We Had To Try It Out.
Pop It sensory toys are all the rage as a fun fidget toy. If you have kids, chances are they have a Pop It (or several) like our kids. Leave it to TikTok to find out another creative use for them: making Pop It Chocolate bars! People all over TikTok are obsessed with layering candies over the bubbles and pouring melted chocolate over them. Once hardened, breaking the chocolate apart becomes a part of the sensory fun! Did anyone say ASMR?
What Are Pop It Sensory Toys?
Pop It sensory toys are a therapeutic way to relieve stress. The fidget toy is designed to be popped, which in turn releases a burst of air that creates a tactile sensation and relieves pressure on the hands while improving dexterity. Pop It sensory toys seem to be extra popular among kids and tweens and are attractive due to their multiple shapes, colors, and ease of use since they are hand-held and portable.
How Do You Make Pop It Chocolate Bars?
It’s super simple to make Pop It Chocolate and add in some extra sweet sensory fun. We were inspired to make the most popular version using M&M’s. To give credit where it’s due, we first saw this on @GraceMaryWilliams TikTik whose video has a whooping over 6MM views. However, @GraceMaryWilliams says in her caption she saw this on ANOTHER video (not noted) so if you know the original source, please let us know so we can credit accordingly!
Pop It Chocolate Ingredients:
All you need to do is:
1) Clean your Pop It toy super well with soap and warm water. Dry completely.
2) Layer M&M’s over the bubbles (if you’re OCD like we are, make sure the “M” is laying down so when you release it the M will be facing up).
3) Pour melted chocolate over the candies in an even smooth layer. Make sure there are no gaps and shakedown gently on the counter to even out air bubbles. Then freeze until hardened. Pop out the chocolate and break them into bars.
UPDATE – Scroll down to see our Rainbow Chocolate version!
Are Pop Its Food Safe?
The Pop It we used has a manufacturer’s note that says it’s made of high-quality silicone that is “safe and non-toxic.” Food-safe silicone by definition should also be nontoxic (or else it’ wouldn’t be food-safe). However, from our research, there isn’t ONE universal food safe label for all silicone. That is why we say make sure to check your Pop It to make sure it says it’s safe and nontoxic. Call or ask them if it’s food safe if you need additional assurance. As long as we were not heating our Pop It to extreme heat or temperature, or placing in the oven or microwave, we felt safe about it.
Disclaimer: We do not vouch for every single Pop It manufacturer and/or claim it is food safe. We can only say we felt safe with using our Pop It with food because it is stated as “nontoxic and safe.” Do your research and contact your Pop It manufacturer if you feel you need additional information.
Why Is Making Chocolate With Pop Its So Fun?
Pop Its are a fun way of getting kids involved in making their own chocolate bars and provides an additional tactile experience. Pop It toys come in various shapes, sizes, and designs which means you can have endless creations!
What kind of Chocolate Is Best To Use With Pop Its?
Since the silicone used in Pop Its tends to be thinner than most food-grade silicone we have at home, we opted to use a thicker nicer melting chocolate like Ghiradelli’s dark chocolate melting wafers which melt very nicely. However, you could use chocolate chips and melt those down too, although it may make your chocolate bars more brittle and not as smooth once hardened.
What Other Flavors Of Pop It Chocolate Can You Make?
Using dark chocolate as the base and candy-colored chocolate like M&M’s is the most common variation we’ve seen. But the possibilities are endless! You can try white chocolate, and other candies like Skittles. Others are even melting gummy bears and pouring it over the Pop Its! Try nuts or any other small candies that fit inside the bubbles. Just make sure you don’t bake the Pop It! The silicone is likely not graded for heat or microwave so we wouldn’t recommend it.
Pop It Chocolate
- Pop It Sensory Toy
- Melting Chocolate Wafers We used Ghiradelli brand. You can also substitue melted chocolate chips.
- M&M Candy
- Clean your Pop It toy super well with soap and warm water. Dry completely.
- Layer M&M's over the bubbles (if you're OCD like we are, make sure the "M" is laying down so when you release the chocolate the M will be facing up).
- Pour melted chocolate over the candies in an even smooth layer. Make sure there are no gaps and shakedown gently on the counter to even out air bubbles.
- Freeze uncovered until hardened - it took us just 30 minutes in our freezer. Pop out the chocolate gently and break them into bars.
Update – We Made Rainbow Chocolate Pop It!
How to make Rainbow Pop It Chocolate
- Follow the same instructions as for the dark chocolate version. But instead, melt white chocolate and substitute Skittles instead of M&Ms
- We used the same Ghiradelli’s chocolate wafers but the white ones instead (we love melting chocolate for their smooth consistency)
- We used THIS Rainbow Pop It mold.
- Everything else stays the same!
Check Out More Viral TikTok Trends
Agnes Hsu is a mom of three and has been inspiring parents and kids to get creative with easy activities and family friendly recipes for over 10 years. She shares her love for creative play and kids food to her 2MM+ followers online. Agnes' commitment to playful learning and kindness has not only raised funds for charity but also earned features in prestigious nationwide publications.