Follow us on Instagram for more fun food ideas for kids!
This Birdhouse Sandwich is the perfect spring lunch for kids! Easy to make, no cooking required, and the kids will love it!
This just might be one of my favorite snacks to make with the kids. It’s just such a cute snack and one that is so simple. I always tell my kids that food isn’t meant to be played with but with a recipe this cute, it’s just going to happen.
We make this birdhouse sandwich recipe during the spring and summer months because it just seems fitting. I also think that this would be super cute for a tea party for the kids or paired with a fruit flower bouquet. Have them join in and be a part of the creative and delicious fun.
Do I need to use a cookie cutter for this birdhouse recipe?
You don’t have to but I find that it helps. If you don’t have a cookie cutter, you can freestyle the shapes and do the best that you can. The kids will love that you’re trying before they gobble it down!
Birdhouse Sandwich – Ingredients
- Fruit, I used watermelon and apples (with a small bird cookie cutter)
- Small circle cutter
- Fruit for garnish (berries, apples, etc)
Can I use other fruit for this birdhouse snack?
You can! I like to use watermelon and applies but you can use any fruit that you can cut out the shapes. Cantaloupe would be a great fruit option to use as well.
You can mix and match and try other fruits to find one that works with what you’re wanting. There are a lot of fruit options out there to choose from.
Tips for Making a Birdhouse Sandwich
- Use ingredients that the kids like. This goes for fruit, bread, and more.
- Have them help with the process. They can help cut out the shapes and decorate the birdhouse as well.
This birdhouse sandwich is really fun for an afternoon snack for the kids. Use this as a way to show them that being creative with food is fun!
- Fruit, I used watermelon and apples (with small bird cookie cutter)
- Small circle cutterFruit for garnish (berries, apples, etc)
- Trim the bread to a bird house shape and then add a small cut out circle to the middle.
- Cut fruit out in bird shapes and garnish.
- Use pretzels for the wooden parts of the birdhouse and for the bottom.
- Garnish at the bottom with fruit.
You May Also Like