Follow us on Instagram for more fun food ideas for kids!
These cute Valentine Gnome Cookies are the sweetest treats and are a fun Valentine treat to make with kids!
If you’re looking for the perfect Valentine Cookies to make with kids, the irresistibly cute Valentine Gnome Cookies are it! I made them with my son @DashBakesTheGreats recently (yes he loves baking so much he has his own dedicated baking IG!). These gnome cookie cups are a cinch to make and super fun for kids to decorate as a Valentine’s day dessert. They require just 5 ingredients and are so easy to whip up!
Similar to our Valentine Waffle Pops these are a super easy and delightful treat!
Check out more Dash Bakes The Greats recipes:
How do you make Gnome Cookies?
We were inspired to make these from Just Is A Four Letter Word’s cute Gnome Cookie Cups. Make sure to check out her tutorial for her adorable gnome cookies.
We gave ours a Valentine twist by using red and pink gumballs for the noses, and Valentine’s Day sprinkles. Instead of frosting, we just used whipped topping for that ultra-white beard and light and fluffy frosting texture which we love! We just love making gnome treats and this was just the cutest idea to say “I Gnome You!”
How do you flatten cookie cups?
To make easy mini cookie cups, we used Pillsbury’s “eat and bake” sugar cookie dough that is already cut into 24 mini squares. You’ll need a 24 cup mini muffin tin and once you bake them, take them out and gently press a flat bottom kitchen utensil to flatten then cookie cups. We had a small whisk that worked perfectly but you can use anything small with a flat bottom like a pie tamper, or shotglass.
Valentine Gnome Cookies – Ingredients:
- Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Dough
- Whipped Cream (we used Cool Whip or make your own)
- Valentine Sprinkles
- Red and Pink Gumballs
- Cooking spray
Watch the video in this post to see how to make these cute gnome cookies.
Valentine Gnome Cookies
- 24 cup mini muffin tin
- small flat bottom utensil
- piping bag and large round tip if you don't have this, you can simply add the frosting to zipepr bag and cut off the corner
- 24 Strawberries
- 24 Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Dough Balls We used the eat and bake 24ct dough balls that are already broken apart.
- Whipped Cream we used Cool Whip
- Valentine Sprinkles
- Red and Pink Gumballs 24 total
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and dry your strawberries. Cut stem off and make a small triangle cut at the bottom to make the gnome "hats."
- Spray your mini muffin tin with cooking spray. Add your dough balls inside and bake for 15-20 mintues until lightly golden. Take out of the oven and immediately flatten the bottoms lightly with a flat bottom utensil. Let the cookie cups cool before removing them to decorate.
- Fill your piping bag with whipped cream or Cool Whip. Pipe a nice sized dollop n top of each cookie cups.
- Add a strawberry hat on top making sure to not squish them down.
- Add a gumball for a nose.
- Sprinkle the cream with Valentine's Day sprinkles.
You Might Also Like
These Easy Ladybug Cupcakes Are The Cutest Valentine Cupcakes
Wednesday 2nd of March 2022
[…] @DashBakesTheGreats shows how easy these Valentine cupcakes are to make as a decorative and sweet Valentine dessert! Make sure to check out his baking Instagram @DashBakesTheGreats for more kids baking inspiration […]
These Cute Valentine Waffle Pops Make The Sweetest Treat
Monday 17th of January 2022
[…] kids always look forward to this time of year because we tend to make a lot of Valentine dessert recipes in the kitchen. I’m a big fan of holidays because themed recipes and ideas are just so much […]