Follow us on Instagram for more fun food ideas for kids!
Are you looking for a festive treat for the 4th of July? These cute patriotic flag waffles for breakfast start the day off right with a bang!
Patriotic Flag Waffles are a festive way to celebrate the 4th of July! The bright colors and sweet taste will make your kids happy on this red, white and blue holiday. Whip up these fun breakfast treats that will be sure to please everyone’s taste buds! This recipe is easy to prepare and you can decorate these delicious waffles in around 15 minutes from start to finish. That way, you can spend more time celebrating than cooking! Get creative and have fun while making these tasty treats today. The perfect breakfast or snack for your family this holiday weekend.
This patriotic breakfast is great for Memorial Day weekend too so keep that in mind for next year!
What do you need to make this festive patriotic flag waffle treat?
This recipe uses frozen waffles so there really isn’t any limit to how many you can make! Of course, you can make your own homemade waffles too, or use a mix. The final touches to make these delicious flag waffles are whipped cream, blueberries, and strawberries! What we love about this easy breakfast treat is that kids can easily decorate their own waffles to celebrate! Wouldn’t it be to have an edible “flag-making party” the fourth of July? You can also add fun edibles like mini chocolate chips, coconut flakes, or even patriotic sprinkles in red, white and blue!
Patriotic Flag Waffles – Ingredients:
Frozen Belgian waffles
Patriotic Flag Waffles
- 1/2 Cup Strawberries washed and dried
- 1/2 Cup Blueberries washed and dried
- 1 Can Whipped cream or make your own
- 3 Frozen square Belgium waffles cut into half each.
- Toast your waffles. Slice in half so that you have two rectangles per waffle.
- Dice your strawberries.
- Add whipped cream on top of your waffles.
- Add 4 blueberries on the top left corner and then add 3 lines of diced strawberries to complete the flag. Serve right away.