Follow us on Instagram for more fun food ideas for kids!
Watch the recipe video on our Facebook page.
What’s better than chocolate chip cookies? When they’re warm and fresh and you can scoop them up straight out of the oven in a pan. This delicious, gooey One Bowl Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie is a crowd pleaser, but we promise you won’t need one to polish it off.
This gooey and delicious One Bowl Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie comes together easily in one bowl and is a crowd-favorite dessert for kids and adults!
A quick Google search shows skillet chocolate chip cookies have been around for a while, but we were inspired to make one from this Bon Appetit recipe, making a few tweaks.
I used to own a bak shop and chocolate chip cookies were our top favorite seller! So you can say over the years, I’ve developed a knack for knowing what makes a GREAT chocolate chip cookie.
We always use melted butter for that chewy dense, nutty flavor that’s so great in chocolate chip cookies. It’s also much easier than creaming butter into sugar. This makes it an easy one-bowl recipe.
We also tweaked the flour, adding about a 1/3 cup extra flour to give the cookie more lift. Adding 2 extra tablespoons of brown sugar compensates for the extra flour by adding tenderness.
Read more below on how to make this decadent but dead simple dessert that will have kids (and grown-ups) clamoring for more.
One Bowl Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 8 oz Dark or semissweet chocolate chunks We love Scharffen Berger
- 3/4 cups Dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cups Granulated sugar
- 8 Tbsp Melted butter cooled
- 3/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 Egg room temperature
- 1 1/2 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 Cups All purpose flour
- 1/4 Tsp Baking soda
- Pink Himalayan Salt Optional. That's what we had on hand you can use your favorite sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 12" cast iron skillet with cooking oil and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add your brown and white sugar, and melted butter. Stir until incorporated.
- Mix in your egg and vanilla extract and stir until blended.
- Add your flour, baking soda, and salt to the butter/sugar/egg mixture and stir until just blended.
- Stir in your chocolate chips, give it a good fold.
- Scoop your chocolate chip mixture into the cast iron pan. Spread evenly with a spatula.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Take out when you see the edges start to brown. Sprinkle sea salt on top (we used Pink Himalayan salt which we had on hand) Allow to cool completely (if you can wait) before slicing and serving.