Follow us on Instagram for more fun food ideas for kids!
This delicious and easy Strawberry Pretzel Salad recipe is a yummy dessert that is the perfect blend of salty and sweet from the cream and sweet strawberries combined with the saltiness and crunch of pretzels.
We’re celebrating the end of summer with one more delicious strawberry dessert recipe! This easy Strawberry Pretzel Salad is always a winner at any summer gatherings or parties. It feeds a crowd and has the best flavor and texture combinations. My family loves the jiggly gelatin Jello with the sweet strawberries and tang from the cream cheese filling. The crunch and salt from the pretzels is just enough to balance the sweet!
How do you make Strawberry Pretzel Salad?
This recipe has several steps but do not let that deter you from making it! Each step is super simple. To break it down you’ll need to make the 3 distinct layers. The first is the Jello and fresh strawberry mixture. The second is the creamy cream cheese and whipped topping. And the third is the crunchy pretzel crust. The crust is first baked so it can hold together. The cream and Jello layers each separately have to be refrigerated. Last but optional you can add a dollop of whipped cream on top before serving!
Strawberry Pretzel Salad – Ingredients
- Strawberry Jello
- Fresh sliced strawberries
- Cream Cheese
- Whipped topping (like Cool Whip)
Can I substitute whipped cream for Cool Whip?
We don’t recommend it since fresh whipped cream is no stabilized like Cool Whip and won’t hold up your cream filling well when combined with the cream cheese.
Can I use substitute fruits other than Strawberries to make this Strawberry Pretzel Pie?
Although we haven’t tried it since strawberries pair so well with cream, we don’t see why not! Just make sure the fruit is not one with a lot of natural juices like watermelon. You could also do frozen fruits (well drained and dried) like peaches. Or used canned in a pinch like Mandarin oranges. We would recommend switching to a complimentary flavor Jello.
Strawberry Pretzel Salad Recipe
- 6 oz Strawberry Jello
- 2 Pints Fresh sliced strawberries
- 8 oz Cream cheese
- 8 oz Whipped topping (like Cool Whip) fridget temperature
- 1/4 Sugar
- 2 1/2 Cups crushed salted pretzels
- 8 TBSP Melted unsalted butter
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- Add your crushed pretzels, melted butter and sugar to a 9x13" baking pan. Pat down with a spatula to make a crust.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree overn for 10-15 minutes until the crust is golden. Remove from the oven and cool.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, beat your sugar, whipped topping and cream cheese together until well blended on medium speed for 3-5 minutes.
- Spread the cream mixture on top of your cooled crust and refrigerate for at least half an hour.
- Add 2 1/2 cups of boiling water to a heat proof container and add the Jello powder, mixing well to dissolve the gelatin granules. Add your sliced strawberries. Do not cool or let it turn to Jello it should be in liquid from and should stay this way for 30 minutes at least.
- Take the crust with cream topping out of the refrigerator and pour your Jello and strawberyies on top. Place back in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or until set.
- Slice and serve with whipped topping or whipped cream on top if desired.
Agnes Hsu is a mom of three and has been inspiring parents and kids to get creative with easy activities and family friendly recipes for over 10 years. She shares her love for creative play and kids food to her 2MM+ followers online. Agnes' commitment to playful learning and kindness has not only raised funds for charity but also earned features in prestigious nationwide publications.