Follow us on Instagram for more fun food ideas for kids!
This easy tomato feta pasta salad recipe requires just a few simple ingredients and is made with fresh cherry tomatoes and crumbled feta.
What is it about tomatoes, feta and pasta that goes so well together? It’s a great combination in baked pasta but also as a refreshing and cold salad! If you’re looking for a light Meditrreaean inspired salad for the family, this easy Tomato Feta Pasta Salad Recipe comes together quickly with just a few simple ingredients!
The freshness comes with plump cherry tomatoes and creaminess from crumbled feta cheese. This salad doesn’t need a heavy dressing at all and is simply dressed with olive oil, mustard, garlic and topped off with fresh basil leaves.
What else can I add inside this easy tomato feta pasta salad?
You can add any Mediterranean inspired foods or spices such as:
crushed red pepper
garlic powder, ginger
You can also add protein such a diced chicken or beans such as chickpeas, cannellini or kidney beans to make it a heartier salad for dinner.
What would you serve this pasta salad with?
Since this salad already has pasta it would be great served along some grilled meats like chicken, steak or ribs. It would make a great addition to any family gathering or pot luck with an outdoor setting as a spring or summer salad side dish.
Feta Pasta Salad – Ingredients:
Tomato Feta Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 1 lb Mini penne pasta or use your favorite pasta shape
- 1/3 Cup Olive oil
- 2 TBSP Stone ground mustard
- 1 TBSP Minced garlic
- 1 Pint Cherry tomatoes
- 5 Oz Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Fresh basil
- 1/2 TSP Kosher salt
- 1/2 TSP Ground pepper
- Fill a large pot halfway with water and heat over high heat until boiling.
- Add pasta and cook for 9 minutes, or until tender.
- While pasta is cooking, cut tomatoes in half, and chop basil.
- Strain pasta and rinse well with cold water. Pour into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Add dressing mixture to pasta and stir well.
- Add tomatoes, feta, and basil to pasta, and toss to combine.
- Chill for 1 hour before serving.
We Tried Trader Joe's Sweet Potato Gnocchi - Here's What It Tastes Like
Wednesday 21st of April 2021
[…] and easy healthy foods are always on our shopping list. Trader Joe’s has some great ones and let’s face […]