If you know me and my family, you know we all have quite the sweet tooth. Waffles, pies, and cake…we love it all. This Rainbow Unicorn TikTok Cloud Bread Recipe trend puts a sweet twist on an old favorite of mine, cloud bread. At some time or another, you have probably heard or have come across this low carb, high protein, gluten-free bread. Made by stiffly whipping together egg whites, cream of tartar, salt, and cream cheese, cloud bread is a great recipe for anyone on the keto diet, acting as a replacement for traditional high-carb bread.
Similar to the original cloud bread recipe, this cloud cake TikTok-inspired recipe is light and fluffy and makes a great low-carb treat with a sweet rainbow unicorn twist! Keep in mind our cloud “cake” is not 100 percent keto-friendly. More keto-friendly information can be found below, located after ‘Cloud Cake Variations’.
While traditional cloud bread is on the savory side, this cloud cake recipe is sweet, making it the perfect dessert for you and your family. Read below for details of this cloud-like dessert. I promise TikTok did not disappoint, this cloud cake will take you to cloud 9!
Cloud Cake Recipe Ingredients:
This fluffy cloud cake recipe only requires three basic ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. Optional ingredients can be added to emphasize taste and appearance!
- 3 egg whites, large
- 2 ½ tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Cloud Cake Add-ins:
- Gel food colorings
How to Make Rainbow TikTok Cloud Bread Recipe
Follow along with our step-by-step guide to making this cloud cake recipe. For a printable list of ingredients and steps scroll to the bottom of the page. Let’s get started!
1. Heat the oven to 300°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl or a bowl of a stand mixer, whip the egg whites until frothy.
3. Gradually add in sugar. Sift in cornstarch.
4. Continue to whip on high until the whites are whipped up into a glossy thick meringue that holds a peak, about 5 minutes. Do not over whip.
5. Add a couple of drops of food coloring if you wish. You can separate the whipped egg whites into two bowls and add two different food colorings. Optionally, add a drop or two of flavor.
6. Scoop out the meringue onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and shape it into a round loaf shape. Top with sprinkles.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes. The top will be slightly browned. Leave to cool, then peel slowly from the parchment paper.
Cloud Bread Variations
With this cloud bread recipe, the sky’s the limit! Cloud cake is so versatile and with the right additions can be made to satisfy any craving or flavor preference. My family likes to add sprinkles on top! They are great for decoration, and they add a little crunch. You can also get festive, adding food coloring to correspond with the next upcoming holiday! Festive Memorial Day cloud cake anyone?
To avoid making a bland cloud cake, I recommend adding some flavoring. Popular options include vanilla and chocolate extract. Incorporating chocolate is also a great option. For an example, check out Bakerish’s Chocolate Cloud Bread.
In another example, the food blog website, Fine Cooking, made a next lever cloud cake recipe adding homemade icing made from cream cheese, melted white chocolate, heavy cream, vanilla extract, and vanilla paste. The full recipe can be found here.
Is Cloud Bread Keto-Friendly?
It should be noted that our cloud cake recipe is not completely keto-friendly, as it uses granulated sugar as a sweetener. If you are looking to make this a keto-friendly dessert, try adding your favorite low-carb sweetener instead. I recommend trying to swerve granulated. With zero sugar and zero carbs, Swerve substitutes 1:1, make it super easy to use.
Rainbow Unicorn TikTok Cloud Bread
- 3 egg whites large
- 2 1/2 TBSP granulated sugar
- 1 TBSP cornstarch
- Gel Food Coloring pink and blue
- Heat the oven to 300°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.In a large bowl or a bowl of a stand mixer, whip the egg whites until frothy.Gradually add in sugar. Sift in cornstarch. Continue to whip on high until the whites are whipped up into a glossy thick meringue that holds a peak, about 5 minutes. Do not over whip.Add a couple of drops of food coloring depending on vibrancy you're afer. You can separate the whipped egg whites into two bowls and add two different food colorings. Optionally, add a drop or two of flavor. Scoop out the meringue onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and shape it into a round loaf shape. Top with sprinkles. Bake for 25-30 minutes. The top will be slightly browned. Leave to cool, then peel slowly from the parchment paper.