Follow us on Instagram for more fun food ideas for kids!
These cute Apple Pie Cookies are the perfect sized fall treat to get you and your kids excited about autumn treats! The light cinnamon apple filling tastes just like fall.
It’s officially fall and we’re ready for cooler weather and cozy apple treats like these Apple Pie Cookies.
These pie cookies are a small enough dessert for your kids that are not too sweet. If you want, you could even add a tiny dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. But we think they taste great just the way they are.
Apple pie cookies are also way easier than making a pie! We used store bought crust here and the pie filling is as easy as well…apple pie 😛
All you need is apple fruit and a couple of more simple ingredients like cinnamon sugar and butter.
Apple Pie Cookies – Ingredients:
2 Rolls of ready made, refrigerated pie dough
2 Medium apples
2 Tbsp cinnamon sugar (to make combine 1/4 cup white sugar with 1 tbsp cinnamon. Reserve in airtight container the remainder.)
2 Tbsp butter
1 Tsp corn starch
Apple Pie Cookies
- 2 rolls refrigerated pie crust store bought is fine
- 2 medium apples
- 2 tbsp cinnamon sugar (to make combine 1/4 cup white sugar with 1 tbsp cinnamon. Reserve in airtight container the remainder.)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll out one round of pie dough and cut out 4 inch circles. Place half of the circles on a parchment lined tray. Set the other pie dough round aside.
- Prepare you pie filling by dicing up the two apples and cooking them on low heat with the cinnamon sugar and butter.
- Cook until the apples are soft, and then add the corn starch and mix well. Cool slightly.
- Scoop a small amount of apple mixture onto each pie dough circle.
- Cut strips in each of the remaining circles and make a lattice pattern on top of the “pies."
- Place in a 350 degree pre-heated oven and bake for around 18 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Allow to cool on the pan before removing the cookies.