Follow us on Instagram for more fun food ideas for kids!
This tasty and cute Muffin Tin Pizza comes together in minutes when you need a quick and easy dinner for kids and tastes like mini deep dish pizza!
My kids think pizza is a food group 🙂 Don’t judge but we have it for dinner at least 2-3x’s a week. I get tired of making the same pizza over and again, so one way I’ve tried to spice things up is to make pizza in different forms. Like pizza hand pies which are great for on-the-go or packing for lunch.
We’ve even made rainbow unicorn pizza!
This muffin tin pizza is an incredibly cute and easy way to make pizza in half an hour or less when you need a super quick dinner your kids will love!
They make great leftovers for kids’ lunch the next day, just heat up in a toaster oven or a minute in the microwave.
Do I need to make my own pie crust to make these muffin tin pizzas?
No! That’s the beauty and ease. We made them using refrigerated ready-made pie crust. Placed over a muffin tin for the pizza dough, they bake up like mini deep dish pizzas!
The crust gets golden and crisp so it’s not doughy like traditional pizza dough.
With a handful of ingredients like pizza sauce, cheese and pepperoni, you’re on your way to making these adorable and delicious mini pizza pies in no time!
Muffin Tin Pizza – Ingredients:
One refrigerated pie crust, rolled out *see note
1/4 cup of pizza sauce
12 Tbps of shredded mozzarella cheese
3 regular sized pepperoni (cut in pieces to fit 12 mini muffin tin pizzas)
*Note: We used Trader Joe’s pie crust that comes in a two pack for 22 oz total, so one pie crust is 11 oz if you are using a different brand
Muffin Tin Pizza
- 1 11oz Refrigerated pie crust Rolled out
- 1/4 Cup of pizza sauce
- 12 TBSP Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 Regular sized pepperoni cut in pieces and divided to fit 12 mini muffin tin pizzas
- Nonstick spray
- 3 inch round cookie cutter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray your 12 muffin tin pan with nonstick spray.
- Unroll your pie crust and use a rolling pin to flatten a bit so the crust is between 1/8" to 1/4" thick.
- Use your 3" round cookie cutter to make 12 circles of dough. You may need to re-roll crust scraps.
- Place each pie round inside a muffin tin cavity and lightly press up on the sides. Prick with a fork.
- Add 1 teaspoon of sauce on top of each muffin tin cavity and 1 Tbsp of cheese and top with cut pepperoni. We had about 4-5 mini pieces on top we cut from 4 large ones (which should be enough to top 12 muffin pizzas).
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and sides of pie are crisp. Take out of the oven and allow to cool before removing.